Re: [IP] High blood sugar linked to lost memory

> > The high blood sugar so common among the overweight may
> > contribute to the fogged memory of old age.

>>> Could explain why I really can't remember much of my childhood just a
really strange things and the things that I've heard from others. I don't
remeber much before I was 12. I have friends who seem to remeber every day
their lives!!>>>

There seems to be a conflict, from what I have heard. I know I ran high for
years - Mom said I often had fruity-smelling breath (acetone = ketones) and
she was afraid of lows so encouraged me to *enjoy life*. Hey, I was going to
die anyway so might as well enjoy myself.

Even after pumping I had an A1c of 15.6 with my CPI/Lilly Betatron II 9200.
A1c's came about in the mid '80s. I have a very good memory when I don't
suffer from Hillary Syndrome. lol Many people have remarked about it. I
never had an in-range A1c until about 4 years ago and got on the 'net to
learn how to utilize my pump.

But, I have a friend who has had DM 46 years and her memory is not good. Her
mom watched her care very diligently and she and her sister laugh that it's
because of all those lows she had as a kid and it damaged her brain.

I remember many many things from when I was three - even named this pump
after the name I made up for my dolly while sitting on that curb in front of
our house wanting a name no one else ever thought of. Sure enough, no one
else ever did!

So, is it high or low BGs that affects the memory over time??????? There
oughtta be a study. (~_^)

Dialyzing since 7/8/02

Everyone has a photographic memory. Some just don't have film.