Re: [IP] Re: Waking from lows...

> No, I've been diabetic for over 20 years, and lows still wake me up.  I
> do not have any hypo-unawareness, though.  In fact, I frequently feel
> low even when I'm not low.  :-)  Sometimes I can be in the 80's and
> feel like I'm low.  I'm not certain why sometimes I feel fine, but
> other times I don't when my BG level is "normal".

For the record, I've been diabetic for seventeen years, and it was many
years after diagnosis before I first noted the correlation between lows and
sleeplessness.  And I continue to experience them today.

I would guess when you're 80 and feel low that you're dropping.  At least,
that's my guess when it happens to me, and I have verified it in myself
before.  It may not always be true, but it is a good reason to check again
in fifteen to thirty minutes if you feel low but aren't.

dxd 1985, pumping since 1990