[IP] Screen protection for your pump

 I have a MiniMed 508 pump ("Tigger"; since 12/2000) which is 'housed' in one of
the MiniMed leather cases (MMT-620). The leather case has a plastic window which
has chaffed the screen of my pump somewhat, making some of the info.
increasingly difficult to read in certain light conditions (the plastic window
of the case has a slight depression in it which chafes the screen surface
underneath). A few weeks ago I decided to halt the ongoing chaffing of the MM
508 screen by adhering a rectangle of PDA (Personal Digital Assistant) screen
protection plastic to the MM 508 screen. I'm delighted with the result as not
only is the screen surface protected from further damage but the visibility of
the screen data has IMPROVED. I obtained the PDA screen protection sheeting from
Staples (originally purchased to protect the screen of my digital camera - so
purchased sheeting for a color screen PDA - but this appears to work fine on my
B & W screen of my pump). You need to cut a sheet of the protective plastic to
the appropriate size so that it is a little smaller than the dimensions of your
pump screen. Apply the screen protecting sheet with the card applicator that
comes with the PDA screen protection kit, being careful to not trap air bubbles
(we know about the consequences of air bubbles in our infusion sets don't we!)
and 'bingo' your screen should take on a new lease on life in both being
protected & in clarity of view.

Just thought the world of pumpers out there may find this info. helpful

- Leszek Vincent, Columbia, MO