Re: [IP] carb counting and coverage boluses.....

email @ redacted writes:

> Tom from nj wrote:
> <<<my CDE taught me not to bolus for meat, cheeses and other foods that
> supposedly have no carb content.  i was skeptical of this approach since
> these foods DO have calories and if eaten in sufficient amounts they can
> raise your BG.  i bolus for such foods carefully, but i find that a
> coverage
> bolus is required for them.  what does everyone else think ???>>>
> I'm wondering what formula she gave you to calculate your bolus, would you
> please share?
> Rabbi Hirsch Meisels
> Jewish Friends With Diabetes
> www.FriendsWithDiabetes.org

     I was told not to count anything under 4oz (protein), but if you eat an
8oz piece of meat you should count it as 15g carb.  I personally don't know
if this works, as I try to keep my protein servings around 3-4oz and haven't
had a problem with my sugars with that amount.