[IP] Re: Pump suggestions

> My 19 year old son will probably be adding insulin to his diabetes regimen
> soon according to his endocrinologist. His sugars have been hovering
> the 300 - 400 range. He's currently taking 1500mg glucophage / day and
> it used to help, it doesn't anymore. By no means do I want to start a
> here, I just want opinions on what pumps you would suggest for my son.
> of use, setup and that sort of thing.

My, that's like saying *sic 'em* to a dog. HA HA  Since a pump is compared
to a *car* and we all have our favorite variety and reasons for such, and a
pump is such a personal choice for the user's lifestyle, I'd suggest going
to: http://www.diabetesnet.com/diabetes_technology/insulin_pump_models.php
and http://www.diabetesnet.com/diabetes_technology/insulinpumps.php

Pumping will change his life for the better. I'm wondering why they put him
on pills - perhaps he was in the honeymoon stage and still producing
sporadic insulin. If this is so, and he is a Type 1, the pills did him

{{{{{Hughey Huggles}}}}}

Dialyzing since 7/8/02

Doctors can be frustrating. You wait a month-and-a-half for an appointment,
and s/he says, I wish you'd come to me sooner.