Re: [IP] Waking from lows...

At 01:38 AM 2/3/03, you wrote:
>OK, stupid question, I need to ask the endo, but "ya'll" seem to know
>more than doctors.  Sometimes I wake up sweaty, but not really hot.  I
>think I might be low but I'm upstairs and sleepy, and the meter is
>downstairs.  The next  morning, I'll 250+, so I just might be rebounding.
>  Question - do I check, and assuming it's low, treat it?  I'm wondering
>if that'll make it worse, since maybe the rebounding is what woke me up
>in the first place.  This doesn't happen often, and it's usually when I
>do something fun like go out with hubby for a late dessert.

First, why don't you take your meter upstairs and put it next to the
bed?  When you wake up like this, you can check and be sure.

>Let's see, I need to get the book "Pumping Insulin" and fine-tune my
>basals, then I need to quit going out for a late dessert.  Any other

IMO, getting your basals fine tuned is a very good idea.  But, why give up
the dessert?  If you enjoy going out with your hubby for this treat, why
should you discontinue?  That's why I went on a pump, to enjoy things that
other non-D folks enjoy.  YMMV.

dxd 1963
pumping 2000