Re: [IP] carb counting and coverage boluses.....

At 02:27 PM 2/2/03, you wrote:
>my CDE taught me not to bolus for meat, cheeses and other foods that
>supposedly have no carb content.  i was skeptical of this approach since
>these foods DO have calories and if eaten in sufficient amounts they can
>raise your BG.  i bolus for such foods carefully, but i find that a coverage
>bolus is required for them.  what does everyone else think ???
>tom from nj

Since I don't eat large quantities of proteins, I don't bolus at all for
them.  I also don't need to bolus for green vegetables either (I figure
it's because of the fiber in them).   This is definitely a YMMV
issue.  What works for me, might not work for you and others.