Re: [IP] carb counting and coverage boluses.....

hi all,

my CDE taught me not to bolus for meat, cheeses and other foods that
supposedly have no carb content.  i was skeptical of this approach since
these foods DO have calories and if eaten in sufficient amounts they can
raise your BG.  i bolus for such foods carefully, but i find that a coverage
bolus is required for them.  what does everyone else think ???

tom from nj

This is totally a YMMV catagorie here. I do NOT bolus for protien at all, no
matter how much I eat(although I usually do not eat more that 6oz at a time,
and 6oz is a lot for me), however my girl frien who introduced me to
pumping, she has to bolus even for a little protien. I thingk all our bodies
react differently to protien and therfor we all have to figure out what
works for us, just be VERY careful when/if doing so.
Tami in Tucson