[IP] carb counting and coverage boluses.....

hi all,

my CDE taught me not to bolus for meat, cheeses and other foods that
supposedly have no carb content.  i was skeptical of this approach since
these foods DO have calories and if eaten in sufficient amounts they can
raise your BG.  i bolus for such foods carefully, but i find that a coverage
bolus is required for them.  what does everyone else think ???

tom from nj