[IP] Re: Hormone Replacement

I have been on hormone replacement for 5 years since I started menopause at
age 40.  Since I had a hysterectomy about 9 years ago, I just need the
estrogen.  My gyn suggested backing off on the dosage to see if I still need
it for symptoms by taking it every other day for 3 weeks and then every 3 days
for 3 weeks.  I decided to wait awhile before I do that.  I tend to be
depressed and/or have higher sugars during the winter months anyway and felt I
don't need to add anything that would cause an additional changes.

Before the HRT, I had hot flashes, irritableness, migrane headaches and was in
a fog so it definitely was a quality of life issue for me.  I also felt since
I started early, it was reasonable that I would need estrogen for awhile.