Re: [IP] Hormone Replacement

>I've been on HRT for 10 years. Is anyone still taking HRT? What are your
>thoughts? This maybe end up being a quality of life versus longevity.
>Thanks for any words of wisdom,
>Sue (Memphis)

I've been on HRT for less than a year.  I plan to continue with what I'm
doing since it's greatly improved my life.  I was getting hot flashes and
night sweats 6-7 times per night and not sleeping at all because of it (and
checking my bg like crazy since I didn't know if it was caused by a low or
not).  I'm in a little different position than a lot of ladies, since I had
a partial hysterectomy 10 years ago and don't need the progesterine, I just
use a plain estrogen patch.  When I make a choice on medical treatment, I
always factor "quality of life" into the equation.  In my opinion, HRT is
something that a patient and doctor need to discuss completely and weigh
the pros and cons before making a decision.