Re: [IP] Hormone Replacement

In a message dated 2/1/03 12:09:38 PM US Eastern Standard Time,
email @ redacted writes:

<< I've been on HRT for 10 years. Is anyone still taking HRT?  What are your
 thoughts? This maybe end up being a quality of life versus longevity.

I asked my endo about it when I had my visit about a month ago. The hot
flashes were horrendous. He advised against HRT. I started drinking soy milk
-- couple of glasses a day -- for the phytoestrogens and that has been
helping. I don't have to sleep with the window wide open (in the winter in
Indiana) any more, which makes my husband happy! LOL

I don't know if phytoestrogens would help with the memory issues or not. That
appears to be a normal part of peri-menopause, so you're not alone. :-\ I
also don't know if phytoestrogens would contribute to cancer. I do know
somebody who got breast cancer after several years of taking HRT and her
quality of life is not too good right now. Her longevity may not be real
good, either.

Jan and Elvis