[IP] Profile for Darlene Bennett

Hi! My name is Darlene Bennett. I was diagnosed with Type I diabetes on
February 1, 1981. I have been an insulin pump user since February 17, 2001. I
did a lousy job of taking care of myself the first 10 years, so I have quite a
few complications to deal with. I have slight kidney damage, some mild
neuropathy and hypoglycemic unawareness. Since I started using the pump I have
felt so much better! I don't have as many severe hypoglycemic episodes and I'm
able to keep my A1c below 6! I'm 37 years old, married and have four children,
(two by marriage and two biological). I'm self-employed (home-based real
estate support services)and actively involved in my community. I'd love to
hear from anyone who would like to chat.

Darlene Bennett
pumper since 2/17/2001