Re: [IP] Medical Mutual of Ohio-Diabetes Advantage Program

Here in Ohio, if you have Medical Mutual of Ohio health coverage, then you
are usually required to be a part of their 'Diabetes Advantage' program.  The
program is great, although my employer did not elect it as a benefit I know
of it and have investigated it because of my being involved with training
patients on their pumps.

They require you to sign up for it, and you get a case manager.  Their goal
is show that if better control is achieved now, then the overall healthcare
costs will be lower in the future.  You basically get your supplies free and
rarely is there a co-pay.  They pay now in hopes of having lower costs (i.e.,
from complications being decreased) in the future.

Their main medical supply house is Matria (I believe that is the name.)  Call
Medical Mutual to see if your employer participates in the program.

Roxanne M. Villanueva RD, LD, CPT
Registered and Licensed Dietitian
2002 ADA 'Call to Congress: Conquer Diabetes' Participant (May 1-3, 2002)
Minimed Certified Insulin Pump Trainer
IDDM X >20 Years, Pumping 1/4/1995
(First with Disetronic and now with MM since 11/00 and much happier!)
"Diabetes is a disease of complications and waiting for them to happen." - -
- Mary Tyler Moore

Please pray for my oldest friend, Sandi Pompili, as she battles Leukemia and
prepares for a Bone Marrow Transplant on March 6, 2002.

In a message dated 2/28/2002 07:49:16 AM Eastern Standard Time,
email @ redacted writes:

> I went to Target yesterday and told them that I found out the test strips
> were covered but it came back rejected again.  Called Met Mut and found out
> as with the pump the test strips must come from a medical supply company,as
> DME, from Med Mut's list of authorized places and they will be covered 90%.

Please everyone pray for my oldest friend Sandi as she battles Leukemia and
prepares for a bone marrow transplant on March 6, 2002.