Re: [IP] Re:test strips amount

> I battled with UHC and Merck Medco over very similiar issues...I
> finally went to my company HR head and and we won....they also had a
> limit on durable medical goods under which I get supplies for my
> daughter...basically, I asked who exactly would be responsible for
> my daughter's health if her doctor's orders were not
> followed.......HR did not realize there had been a  limit set....i
> don't know what they did but I have never heard another peep
> although I refuse to do business with Merck Medco......awful
> awful..... Beverly -*******

Just a hint. If you have to do battle on these issues, don't waste
your time with the mail order pharmacy beyond getting the refusal of
service. Take the argument straight to your insurance carrier --
pharmacy department if they have one. They may try to send you back
to the pharmacy, but don't let them. If they refuse to provide what
you need ask for a written denial to be sent you for inclusion in
your complaint to the insurance commissioners office. You will
generally first have to use a two level appeals process, but each
appeal must generally be responded to within 30 days. Don't wait,
don't let them do it for you over th phone. Do the appeals in writing
so you have a record of the request and their response time. You'd be
supprised how effective this method is :-)