Re: [IP] Re:test strips amount- Bud Hopper

In a message dated 2/28/02 1:42:53 PM Central Standard Time,
email @ redacted writes:

> . It either states limits or it does not. If it does not and
> your physician orders the treatment, medication, strips, etc.... then
> the insurance company is obligated to pay PERIOD. It's up to you to
> fight for your rights. I'm happy to explain them to you but you must
> do battle.

I battled with UHC and Merck Medco over very similiar issues...I finally went
to my company HR head and and we won....they also had a limit on durable
medical goods under which I get supplies for my daughter...basically, I asked
who exactly would be responsible for my daughter's health if her doctor's
orders were not followed.......HR did not realize there had been a  limit
set....i don't know what they did but I have never heard another peep
although I refuse to do business with Merck Medco......awful awful.....