Re: [IP] Re: Sil Set Marion/Failed Pump 101

> Both the polyfin tubing and the cannula looks white if it has been
> crushed or bent -- this is not crystalized insulin, only cosmetic
> damage to the tubing
> Thank you; I did not know that.  The cannula was bent and it could
> have been small air bubbles even though we primed and primed,
> lubricated, brought the insulin to room temperature, "gassed" the
> vial per MiniMed's customer support person and etc.
> I believe you that it was not "crystalized insulin" because that
> doesn't make any sense.

well..... insulin is a crystaline substance held in the buffer
solution. There are instances where it will come out of solution and
it does appear as white "stuff" in the tubing. Since the advent of
polyfin a number of years ago, this has been an almost unheard of
occurence. I think I've seen it once in seven years -- and I'm not
really sure that was what it was.