[IP] Re:Vent

The other day Liz was sick so I took her to see our PCP. After diagnosing her
illness the doctor, in all seriousness, told her, " Since you are ill I want
you to promise me that you'll check your glucose levels at LEAST 3 times a
day. It's very important for diabetics to keep track of their glucose levels
and ketones when they are ill."  (He's not our regular doctor.)
We told the him Liz checks at least 6x's a day and every 2 or 3 hours when
she's ill. He was very taken aback by that comment.
Thank goodness Liz (almost 17) can now laugh at these comments made by people
who are supposed to "be in the know", rather than let them upset her.

Linda V