Re: [IP] Novolog

In a message dated 2/28/2002 8:38:45 AM Mountain Standard Time,
email @ redacted writes:

> If sites are REALLY reliable for 48 hours, Gabe may be willing to do that.
>  mean REALLY reliable; I don't think I can stand too many more suprises at
>  b.g. of 350; it takes all day and part of the night to get stability.

Maybe that's true for Gabe on MDI, might even be true for him on a pump (only
time will tell -- you haven't really been able to see what it'll be like
yet).  But our experience with Katie's 9 months of pumping is that when she
has a kinked set and even when her BG gets high over 250 and a few times over
300, once we get a new set in, it just takes one corrective bolus (we correct
to 100) and she's back on track.  They say that good control breeds good
control, and with the consistent timing and insulin action we've experienced
with just having Humalog, we haven't seen it take a long time to bring her
numbers back in line  (now when it's hormones, that's another story -- but
that's when it's hormones . . .)

Pumpmama to Katie