Re: [IP] pump comparison

email @ redacted  wrote:
I think that the Disetronic is the best pump, because it alarms the
least amound of times, and hardly stops working. The Animas pump was
recalled 3 times, and I don't think it is a good pump. ....

IMO the individual pump itself is the major determinate of how many
times it alarms or doesn't work....not the pump "brand".

My Animas has only alarmed once in 5 months (when I was changing the
cartridge) and it works beautifully. I have never tried the other
brands, but in reading posts on this site over the last 6 months, I
have come to believe that the individual pump itself is either well
made and well-functioning or not. I think any of the brands can have
"good pumps" and "bad pumps" and that the pump company can be either
good or bad at responding and replacing in cases of "bad pumps".

Just my opinion,

Do You Yahoo!?