[IP] Vent!

<She said the doctor would have to justify it and even for a brittle diabetic
they would only prescribe 120 per month (4 per day).  She said that is firm!>

I can relate as I had a pharmacist tell me that if I was using more than 4
strips a day that something was wrong.  I was so mad that at the time I just
told her that by law I didn't need a Rx for the test strips and I could buy
as many as I wanted without the insurance.  After fuming I called her back
and told her that I had been diabetic for nearly 40 years and if I felt like
testing every hour, that was up to me, that doctors recommend testing very
often, etc.  They haven't questioned how many strips I've bought since.

I agree with the previous poster.  Make sure you talk to the dr. first and
see if it's his opinion or the nurse's.  If it's his, time to find a new

Good luck.
dx 1964
pumping since 7/01