[IP] A suggestion for Marion & Gabe

Might I make a suggestion to relieve one headache for a little while?

Since you and Gabe are having problems getting and maintaining sites, would
you consider going back to Gabe's MDI and learn how to pump using saline
(sterile saline should be available through your pharmacy)?  If you were to
use saline in the pump and mimic the basals and boluses with it (while
maintaining on MDI), you could concentrate on how the pump is working (or
not), without the extra problems of having to deal with site failures and
high BS.  Of course, Gabe must be willing to continue carb counting and
calculations and bolus the saline in the pump while actually taking the bolus
by needle.  This might seem to be extra work, but given the problems you have
been having with sites, this eliminates the worry of "what happens when the
site fails?".

This is just my opinion, but it is a practice that has been used with some
people on the list and I'm surprised that nobody has suggested this before.

I wish you better luck!

Katherine Nelson & MyHope (the pump)
dx T2 '86, T1 '96, MM 508 since 5/15/01