Re: [IP] Vent!!

<< Out of the clear blue, my insurance company said they would only approve
test strips per month, when I have been getting 300 all along.  They said
they would approve the 300 if my doctors office called and ordered it.
I thought "no big deal."  I left a message on the nurse's voice mail with
instructions on what to do along with the telephone number.
She left one back for me today telling me they would not approve the 300! She
said the doctor would have to justify it and even for a brittle diabetic they
would only prescribe 120 per month (4 per day).  She said that is firm!  >>

I don't blame you in the least for being angry.  I would be, too.  However,
you did say that you thought this doc was your "friend and ally," so I would
give him a chance to respond in person.

If you have otherwise liked your doctor, why don't you schedule an
appointment with him and ask him directly for a new Rx that will give you 300
strips a month?  I would tend to distrust hearsay--and that's basically what
you're working with when the nurse tells you 120 strips is "firm."  (Which
brings up the question, how did you get 300 all this time?  That doesn't even
make sense!)

If you talk directly to the doc and he backs up her ridiculous stance, I
would change doctors, too.

And, BTW, congratulations on such great HbA1c's.  You are absolutely right
when you say the results are due to your diligence, not the medical staff
doing anything.