Re: [IP] protein in urine???

I understand how you must be feeling.  My son is 18 years old, he has had dm
for 9 years.  We were told at his February endo visit that he had early stage
kidney damage.  I was so upset.  Many years ago I worked in a dialysis unit
at Diagnostic Hospital in Houston.

He has had very bad control for several years. His a1c was 9.5.  He has not
been on the pump before.  He just got the 508 Monday.  He will train next

Your brother will be given kidney saving meds.  Jeff was given Altace.  He
does not have high blood pressure, but the drug will help save his kidneys.

I found a ton of information on the internet by looking under nephropathy and
diabetic nephropathy.  I also spoke with another doctor today who was kind
enough to explain to me that my son was just starting to have kidney damage.
I think that all kidney complications for diabetics is the same.  It does not
have to go fast.  He can help slow it with tight bs control and tight blood
pressure control.  He can take the kidney savers.  He can slow it down and
even reverse it some.

I hope he does well.  My prayers are with your family.