Re: [IP] protein in urine???

I have had kidney disease for seven years and was dx diabetic in 1978. I had
by pass surgery in 1994 and had kidney failure. since that time my endo and
I have been battling the odds. One main thing I know is he needs to try and
cut a lot of the salt out of his diet. This is one of the hardest things on
kindeys. In April of 2001 I thought that we had lost the battle but my endo
made some more adjustments and we are still rocking along. At that time he
said to watch the salt intake even closer and no more cola of any type. And
my favorite was Diet Coke. So there is no real time atable that I know when
the time might come. You mentioned about knowing someone who went on
dialisys and then died. I have watched videos of people on dialisys and some
of them had been on dialisys for up to 18-20 years. So you see things have
changed. Sorry that this has been so long. If you want to contact me
off-line I can give you some contacts for dialisys and what is involved.