[IP] cost of pumping???

Do all pumps and  supplies cost relatively the same
and what would you say the monthly cost would be. I
have a friend whose son(14yrs old) is diabetic and
they would like to try the pump but they have $2000
deductible insurance(self-employed). Are there any
discounts if you are paying out of pocket vs.
insurance. I also could be in this boat shortly(my
husband may be laid off)  and am wondering if certain
supplies could be used over.(maybe I should be saving
something)even though I know it's not advisable.  I
would fine it EXTREMELY hard to go back to shots.
thanks for your input. peg

Do You Yahoo!?