[IP] whole unit delivery

You asked about delivery per hour - I have an Animas pump and it delivers
basal every 3 minutes.  Whatever amount you have set for the "hourly" basal
rate is divided up into "20" very small units and each one of these "20" units
is delivered every 3 minutes.  I use a very low basal rate all day and night
except for dawn phen. hours so for me the pump is delivering a "very tiny
amount" of insulin every 3 minutes.  I am very sensitive to insulin with MDI
seemed to always be high or low - with the pump I am achieving very good