Re: [IP] travel with the pump

In a message dated 2/27/02 1:48:18 PM US Eastern Standard Time,
email @ redacted writes:

<< Has anyone recently traveled on any airlines and had trouble with the new
 security?  I will be traveling in May and I wanted to know what type of
 precautions I should take.  Was anyone stopped by security because they were
 wearing a pump?  Thanks for any info.   >>

I've flown a couple of times since Sept. 11 and haven't had any trouble. My
pump set off the alarm in San Jose on Nov. 13 (the day after the airliner
crash in NYC). I was pulled aside, wanded and patted down. I told the woman
it was my insulin pump and showed her. No big deal. They pretty much know
about diabetes equipment and supplies, so no problems with my "stuff" going
through x-ray. Do carry your insulin in the box with the pharmacy label on
it. My pharmacy provided me with a pill bottle with a copy of my insulin
prescription label on it to put my opened vial into when I travel.

Jan and Elvis