RE: [IP] protein in urine???

I don't have direct experience with this, but there could be a large range
of possibilities here.

First advice is to take a deep breath.  I know it's hard to do, but until
you get more information it's better to breathe.  :)

Second, the results if they come back the same way could mean anything from
a small number they want to keep an eye on, a larger number with may involve
putting him on an Ace Inhibitor, etc.  The doctor may have given you more to
fear about then is actually there.

I know that there are a number of people on this list who have more
experience with this and hopefully they will speak up and help you out.

Until then my thoughts are with you,
Sherry