[IP] Re: Sil Set/pumping once again

In a message dated 2/27/02 6:42:38 AM Pacific Standard Time,
email @ redacted writes:

> There is no danger of DKA from crawling

I just want to let you know that from my experience with the pump DKA is less
likely to happen.  There have been times when my pump has run out of insulin
in the middle of the night and I have not heard the alarm and waited until
morning to change, no DKA happened.  Not even spilling any ketones.  Of
course I do feel like crap all day after this happens and I am not advising
it by any means.  I am just saying DKA takes a little longer than a couple of
hours without any insulin.