Re: [IP] Re: Marion again

In a message dated 2/27/2002 8:38:47 AM Mountain Standard Time,
email @ redacted writes:

> I am exasperated at how driven (obsessed?) you continue to be with these
>  issues.  I wish you well (and Gabe too, of course), but I really  cannot
>  fathom why you don't give it a rest.  At least for now.

I had these same questions at first, because Marion has managed to achieved
absolutely the best control of any parent of any child with diabetes that I
am aware of -- and without a lot of lows, too.  But over time, it's become
apparent to me that Gabe (and apparently his doctor) think that now that Gabe
is getting older (he's 12 1/2) he's getting to the point where he needs to be
able to begin to have more control over his diabetes managment, live a more
normal lifestyle (though it sounds like this will be more of an issue when
he's a little older), and also that with Gabe's issues with delayed digestion
the pump could be a real help.  So like any devoted mama bear, Marion is
willing to make great sacrifices for the good of her "cub" . . . I, for one,
am proud of her for sticking with this because it would be awfully easy to
stay with what's been working so very well . . .

Pumpmama to Katie