Re: [IP] Giving your kid "the best"

In a message dated 2/27/2002 7:38:50 AM Pacific Standard Time,
email @ redacted writes:

> You say you have 5 kids and a medical practice.  Are you Wonder Woman?  At
> your present pace you may compromise your own health.
> I am exasperated at how driven

I am a Ph.D. psychologist not a physician.

If you haven't checked lately, there are close to 3600 people on this list;
most sucessfully using pumps and swearing they are fantastic.

My mom has a saying: "If three people say you are dead, lay down and play

I cannot ignore the advice and opinions of 3600 people.  Gabe's new doctor
thinks the pump is superior and he was the one who suggested it.

I cannot deny Gabe a chance for freedom from shots, no matter what it takes.
Maybe I simply upset the list too much by sharing these experiences and
should keep the trials and tribulations to myself.  However, I learn enormous
amounts from the list here and from the parents of children with diabetes

Whatever it takes, we will keep pumping til it works and then Gabe decides.