Re: [IP] Pumping and basals.

At 05:54 AM 2/26/2002, you wrote:
>Okay; does anyone pump and still use Lantus or UL for some of the basal?  I
>think this thread has already been discussed and I am probably just feeling
>the jitters about the pump after 7 quicksets failed.

I have never heard of anyone using a long term insulin like this unless for
some reason they were going to be off the pump for an extended time.  On
this subject my honest opinion is that using the pump with someone on a
long acting insulin is just a $5000 insulin pen.  My professional opinion
is that I would not agree or train someone to use the pump unless they were
to use the pump for its intended use.

just my 2 cents.

Also what caused the quicksets to fail?  were they to long/short of a
needle?  how long was he pumping until the sets started to fail?