Re: [IPn] MiniMed Paradigm Chat

Pumpers and Friends,

        Come one, come all to chat on February 27, 2002 at 9P.M. EST, or 8P.M. CST, or 7P.M. MST, or 6P.M. PST; in the GUEST ROOM. As Medtronic MiniMed will be in chat on IP. The topic will be:

         The Paradigm Pump, what is it and what do you need to know about it? This will be your chance to learn everything about this new pump from guest speakers: Deborah Ruppert and Mark Estes, product managers.

FYI: Good Morning, I've copied yesterday's message again since the silence
around the IP office has been deafening this morning. There is still
a $791 gap to fill so that we can bring the Winter pledge drive to a
close. If you think someone else will contribute and that you don't
need to, don't hold your breath. It's up to you, if you've been
planning on making a pledge and just haven't got around to it, now is
the time.

>From IP's Chat Hosts Group
   One of the things the Pledge Drive helps fund is IP Guest Chats and all of the chats on IP. If you think it is of a value! Please make a pledge !
   Starting in March, IP will be hosting chats with all of the four pump makers in the USA.

> Greetings pumpers. The Winter pledge drive has gone very well and
> there remains only a mere $791 to raise in order to reach the $6000
> goal for the quarter. My congratulations and thank to all of you
> that have helped achieve our goal. Won't those that are able and
> have not contributed please give a few bucks to push us over the top
> and end this pledge drive.
> If you'd like to make a challenge, a continuing pledge, or a
> donation to help finish up this pledge drive, it would be
> appreciated by all and will help us end this pledge drive now.
> Please join with the over 400 donors that help support Insulin
> Pumpers over the last year. A small contribution just once a year
> will insure financial stability for Insulin Pumpers. Don't wait, do
> it today.
> To challenge the other forum members to MATCH your gift, use the
> Insulin Pumpers challenge gift page at:
> http://www.insulin-pumpers.org/challenge.shtml
> To make a single donation, or to provide even more support with a
> continuing gift to Insulin Pumpers visit the Insulin Pumpers
> donation page at:
> If you prefer to send your contribution by mail, address it to:
> Insulin Pumpers
> 4600 El Camino Real - Suite 206
> Los Altos, CA 94022
> In the UK,  for tax deductible donation, you can use your charity
> card and/or contribute to the CAF (Charities Aid Foundation) on
> behalf of Insulin Pumpers, CAF charity #002139. See
> Charity card holders should go to
> http://www.allaboutgiving.org/
> Others should go first to
> http://www.givingtoday.org/charitycard.cfm
> or call 0800 99 33 11
> for details of how to set up a charity card, or contribute via CAF.
> My best regards,
> Michael Robinton
> Executive Director
> Insulin Pumpers web site http://www.insulin-pumpers.org

   I'm sending copy of Chat 101 to help the new members, who have not been to IP Chat before.
   Chat 101 for Insulin-Pumpers http://www.insulin-pumpers.org
>From Main page click on [CHAT] icon this will take to
Select a chat room by clicking on box You will get a drop-down list of rooms {Most chats are in the anytime room but if IP has a guest speaker, they are in the [Guest] room} Pick a room to chat in by clicking on it.

Then click on the [GO ] button A [ ENTER NETWORK PASSWORD ] window will open.

In the User name box put [ your e-mail address You join IP with ]

In the Password box put [ pumper ]

Once in room you will need to click on the box to type msgs and to post it, click on the [ SEND/REFRESH ] box to send it. Many peoples like to change the refresh to 30secs and display number of msgs too.

Once in room say Hi!

If you have any problems ask the host or send note to [ HELP ]. Please remember it can be fast paced at time so if you get over looked repost you msgs or ??? The Host will help but you need to ask for help. Please no flaming or PUMP WARS! Remember to BE NICE to one and another.

Once you need to go tell us Goodbye!
Some people don't like to talk a lot so they sit back and watch this is OK too. But try to chat you just may like it! So...........