Re: [IP] pump comparison

On 26 Feb 2002 at 23:41, email @ redacted wrote:

> email @ redacted writes:
> >  individual insulin requirements are also the reason I ruled out using a
> >  MiniMed model because the temp increases and decreases were only available
> >  in units, not percentages. Maybe they've changed this on the Paradigm.
> This is a really good point, and one I haven't ever even thought to make . . .
> We use the Temp Basal (by percentage) feature on Katie's Animas pump A LOT
> when she is exercising (Hip Hop, Cheerleading, swimming, etc.) -- using
> anywhere from a minus 20% to a minus 50% on basal rates that are usually
> around .35 to .50 units per hour (and you can have that temp basal run from a
> half hour to 12 hours) . . . I don't even know how/if I could get the same
> result from a temp basal by units type of arrangement (like the MM 508 does) .
> . . BTW, I believe the Distronic D-tron also allows for Temp. Basals by %.  I
> don't know about the H-tron.

And the percentages will adjust across the variation in your set basal rates.  That is an advantage over the "temp adjust by tenths unit".  The H-tron can do this, but it does
not have control over timing other than what is programmed into the pump.  Factory setting is 12 hr. increased temp basal and 4 hour decreased temp basal.  I had mine
reprogrammed to a 4 hour increased temp basal.