At 08:05 PM 2/26/02 email @ redacted wrote:
 >> . The Minimed constantly alarms, and I get about 5 alarms a week.
 >I've been pumping with the MM508 for over a year now and haven't had one
 >single alarm yet.....except for the lo battery and lo volume ones which are
 >more or less just reminders, not problems.

I find that it's sometimes hard to separate "pilot error" from mechanical
or design problems. I've been on a MM for 4 years and have never had a "No
Delivery" alarm that I couldn't explain. Or me, it happens for the obvious
reasons such as it's "out of insulin", a crimped tube or only once it was a
bad site. In my experience, if you use the correct insulin (buffered
insulin like Velosulin, Humalog or Novolog) and change sites correctly,
you'll probably never have this problem with any pump.

Except for the above and a beep when it needs new batteries, I never get
spurious beeps out of it.