Re: [IP] pump comparison

In a message dated 2/26/2002 12:52:50 PM Mountain Standard Time,
email @ redacted writes:

> With the MiniMed it is possible to also achieve .05 increments.  You
>  need to dilute the insulin.

Of course, using dilution, you could theoretically get .05 or even smaller
increments with any of the pumps.  However, mathematically speaking, using
the same strength of insulin(at whatever dilution you chose), with the Animas
pump you would always be able to get basal increments that were 50% smaller
than the increments of the other pumps.

I know that some parents with reallly little ones have no choice but to
dilute their insulin.  However, I do know that this is something that I,
personally, would try it avoid if I could partly for the incovenience of it
but mainly because I'd be worried about getting the dilution really, really
precisely the same each time . . . maybe it's not that hard (I've never done
it), but it's something that I'd worry about . . .

Pumpmama to Katie