Re: [IP] pump comparison

In a message dated 2/26/2002 12:05:24 PM Mountain Standard Time,
email @ redacted writes:

> My
>  individual insulin requirements are also the reason I ruled out using a
>  MiniMed model because the temp increases and decreases were only available
>  in units, not percentages. Maybe they've changed this on the Paradigm.

This is a really good point, and one I haven't ever even thought to make . .
. We use the Temp Basal (by percentage) feature on Katie's Animas pump A LOT
when she is exercising (Hip Hop, Cheerleading, swimming, etc.) -- using
anywhere from a minus 20% to a minus 50% on basal rates that are usually
around .35 to .50 units per hour (and you can have that temp basal run from a
half hour to 12 hours) . . . I don't even know how/if I could get the same
result from a temp basal by units type of arrangement (like the MM 508 does)
. . . BTW, I believe the Distronic D-tron also allows for Temp. Basals by %.
I don't know about the H-tron.

Pumpmama to Katie