RE: RE: [IP] pump comparison

Karen [mailto:email @ redacted] wrote:

> Does anyone know of any studies that have been done to prove this?
> Karen

Prove that the pumps are equivalent?  I haven't done so myself, but I'm
pretty sure that a close look at the FDA approval documentation done by
Animas will show it to have used equivalence testing to demonstrate that it
works at least as well as MiniMed and Disetronic.  That's the way fast track
approval works.  There would be no immediate reason for Animas to
demonstrate that it is *better* unless it hoped to use such information in
its advertising.  Such a process would be much more expensive and time
consuming than demonstrating equivalence.  If they wanted to be "better", it
probably wouldn't be on the market yet.

Jim Handsfield
email @ redacted OR