Re: [IP] Re: Highs after Site Change

On 26 Feb 2002 at 3:31, William Eddie Hollyfield wrote:

> There is one basic question about the "leave in"technique. If I have the
> quick disconnect from MM and I don't take out the old site, what insulin is
> available to the old site. It is through the tubing to the quick disconnect,
> 5-10 units( I really don't know ).

Only the set is left remaining.  No additional insulin is available except that small amount that was primed into the set when it was inserted.  If someone is extra sensitive to
insulin, perhaps they should account for that additional 0.1 to 0.7 units available (depending on set type and length) and the "capillary differental pressure".   As always, you
should check your Bgs regularly to avoid "conditions a low BS should be obserbed" (sic)

George      ;>)