[IP] Re: Discrimination

<<My 3 year old daughter has been denied access to our church's preschool
program next fall because of her diabetes. >>

If your church preschool is receiving any funding from the state, which
would include any amount of Child Care Block Grant Funding (federal), then
the Americans with Disabilities Act will apply.  It is true that ADA doesn't
apply to employees of religious organizations (in general), but it would
certainly apply in the case of services that are funded in whole or part
with federal funding.

>From the information that we give our child care providers, the determining
fact isn't whether or not your child care costs receive any subsidy.  It's
whether the program does, from whatever source.  The payments might go to
the parent and then the child care provider, or directly from the social
service agency to the provider.   At least that's what we tell our providers
when they enroll to serve children who receive subsidies.