Re: [IP] Mashed Potatoes

"I was peeling potatoes and the girl asked "what I was doing".  I said "peeling potatoes for mashed potatoes" and the girl seriously said "don't they come out of a box?"  I thought I was going to die laughing - she had absolutely no idea that mashed potatoes really could come from potatoes!)"
> Trish

Hi Trish - I too came from one of those families where the mashed potatos came out of a box - but then I married a boy from Idaho.... but in all seriousness - why peel the potatos? I have taken to just cutting them up and into the pot. That way I will get at a least of little bit of the fiber etc from the skin. My husband loves em that way - and we usually boil them in chix broth and then mash using little or not butter, milk etc. Sometimes we will use a little of our light sour cream or light cream cheese and maybe some green onion. They are fun to experiement with.

Linda & Dax