From: "William Eddie Hollyfield" <email @ redacted>
Subject: Re: [IP] Highs after site change
Date: Mon, 25 Feb 2002 14:30:55 -0500

It sounds like we both have techniques that work to handle highs after site
removal. You don't remove the old site for up to 8 hrs and I measure the
fluid exiting and then use my calibration to calculate how much insulin to
add to make up for how much insulin is lost by immediate removal of the old

All with basic Capallary Theory and Natural Convection.

Eddie, PhD.,PD
 > Well, no Phd here, nor a MS or even much BS.   But I do leave my set in
3-5 hours and last night it was close to 8 hours.   That is what seems like
an easy solution to me.
 >  No multiple factors to introduce into a calculation on a 'guestimated'
volume.  It isn't rocket science after all.         ;>)