Re: [IP] Re: Sil Set

In a message dated 2/25/2002 10:10:01 AM Mountain Standard Time,
email @ redacted writes:

> I really want to try the inserter with
>  it, but the CDE seemed reluctant.  I don't even know if she has one.  I
>  to "turn it over" to the experts until I can observe for myself.

If she's reluctant, it's probably because she's not confident with it.  It
seems to me that you're entitled to have an experienced pump trainer who can
confidently demonstrate and then guide you and Gabe in both manual insertions
and doing them with an inserter on the Sils.  Don't just settle for who their
"assigning" to you.  If they really have hundreds of pumpers in their
practice, they must have some qualified pump trainers around there.  And if
they can seem to provide one, talk to your local pump rep about arranging for
one directly through the pump company .  .  .

Set problems are common with new pumpers, but Gabe has gamely put up with
more than his fair share (and you've given up more than you're fair share of
sleep!).  You've gone along with their recommendations on the Sofsets and the
QuickSets without good results -- It's not unreasonable to expect that they
now escalate your "status" as a client to entitle him to work with someone
who is more experienced and capable . . .

Just my 2 cents

Pumpmama to Katie