Re: [IP] Highs after site change

It sounds like we both have techniques that work to handle highs after site removal. You don't remove the old site for up to 8 hrs and I measure the fluid exiting and then use my calibration to calculate how much insulin to add to make up for how much insulin is lost by immediate removal of the old site. Both techniques works but there is still another that can be made to work which is direct. Just remove the old site and measure the BS with time until the BS reach a steady state valve, Then use your calibration ( BS/unit of insulin ). You should confirm this information several times but using this technique but it is the most direct technique. As always run this by your medical team.

As far as our developing model when blood appears this liquid is not measured, there is something wrong about this site. A much more complex model can be made like used in applications such as fuel(fool) cell theory or reclaim of metals in very dilute streams. All with basic Capallary Theory and Natural Convection.

Thank you again for your comments. How does you BS vary with the site in place over 1-8 hrs. There seems to be another source of insulin available with renewal of reactants as in fuel cells.

Eddie, PhD.,PD