[IP] Re: Age at diagnosis

In a message dated 2/24/02 10:15:43 AM, email @ redacted writes:

<< There is a slight up-trend in the chart showing age at diagnosis in the
mid twenties.  There are reports of diagnosis all the way into 60 years of
age.  I don't believe that the
"concentration of diabetics on this list" is a factor.  Who else but
diabetics would you poll? >>

A slight up-trend still doesn't mean Type I diagnosis in mid-twenties and
beyond is common. It is still uncommon overall. When a bunch of Type I
diabetics get together and, say, 10 of them were diagnosed in adulthood and
one of them suggests that this may be evidence diagnosis after age 20  is
common, I have to dispute that. I hope this clarifies what I meant by my
dxed IDDM 9/92, pumped 1/10/02