[IP] Re: Type IIs and RDs

In a message dated 2/24/02 3:13:43 AM, email @ redacted writes:

<< Don't judge an entire profession without knowing what we go through
patients. >>

I believe you just judged Type IIs en masse. An RD's claim that a patient
could no longer have mashed potatoes is ludicrous. An RD's job is to inform
patients of how foods affect their health and why. It is then the patient's
responsibility to use that information. While it may be frustrating if they
don't, whether they do or not is not the RD's problem. It appears the RD
referred to in previous posts did not competely inform his or her patient. I
believe it is very difficult to follow an instruction unless you know why it
is given.
Point is, taking the stance that Type IIs often don't follow dietary
instructions is not an excuse for an RD not to do their job thoroughly.
dxed IDDM 9/92,