Re: Subject: [IP] Re: Pumps

Marion wrote:
"IMHO....I am scared of that pump, and now I know why.  But it is a

Hi Marion,
Again, we're so glad Gabe can have such great success on MDI.  For Hubby, as
has been said before, both N and U as basal insulins were nightmares.  For
Hubby, pumping has been a dream come true.  When on N or U, whether there is
something in his system which made inconsistent absorbtion is unclear, but
he went through H**l for too many years.  On either, he had no mealtime
flexibility, never knew when peaking would truly occur, and U for him had a
duration well beyond 24 hours, yet N had only about 8 hrs duration.  Was
considered a medical mystery.
Guess this is why it's so great that there are options out there.  Still
don't understand why Gabe has all the site failures.....Other than 1 site
problem within the first week of Hubby starting to pump with H, he's had
absolutely no problem (anti jinx, anti jinx).  He just had to get insertion
technique right.  On N or U, couldn't go more than 2 hrs (often every hour,
and sometimes 2-3 times a night if wackiness happening) without glucose
testing so actually did more testing than he does on the pump.
Marj; Mike (I'm not into computers, but glad to be on this list); and "Ace,
the PP" (portable pancreas)