Re: [IP] Snus surgery tomorrow- need advice

In a message dated 2/25/02 11:59:42 AM US Eastern Standard Time,
email @ redacted writes:

<<  Tomorrow I get to go get septoplasty and sinus reconstruction surgery. Oh
 joy!  I was told to disconnect from Fluffy the pump when I arrive at the
 hospital and have my sugar at 70-100. No way am I gonna stay at those #'s
 without my pump on so I told them to have my spouse reconnect me in the
 recovery room but they will not let me pump untl released from the
 hospital...grrrr! That bothers me to no end! I will be complaining and
 loudly:)   >>

Who is telling you that you have to take your pump off? The hospital? Can't
your doctor override them? I've had surgery a couple of times since I started
pumping and had no problems -- my endo gave instructions that my pump was to
remain attached to me at all times.

Jan and Elvis