Re: [IP] GI Diet (was: No Mashed Potatoes???)

> The shots are less pleasant and less flexible, but less dangerous and less
> b.g checks.  Without the pump today, Gabe was able to be gone all day
> worry.  His only equipment was glucose tabs.

I certainly do not want to argue about something that is working for you but
I do not understand the "less dangerous and less b.g. checks" comment. I
think intensive insulin therapy requires about the same number of BG checks
regardless of how the basal insulin is delivered. I guess pump therapy has
an increased risk of rapid DKA development than MDI but other than that it
does not seem inherently more dangerous to me than any other intensive
insulin regime.